Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Style

I have always wondered since I stopped working everyday- what is my style now. I felt I had lost a since of self because I had nothing to get into those work clothes for- I had pj's and jeans. Nothing to just go shopping- I was simply a work- aholic and a mom. So it was either sweats or work clothes.

So the last few months I watched for sales at some of my favorite stores. I looked through magazines at what was the "it" look of the moment- hmmm, I am not 18 and I am not living in Hollywood making millions. So, my search continued. I finally decided, it had to be comfy enough to pull kids out of car seats, go to parks and run errands. Although I wanted to look chic- in my own right. I am an artsy person by nature and decided that all I really needed were a pair of great jeans (and jean shorts) a few sun dresses, lots of layering tank tops and several scarves and accessories. Some of this I already had so I dug out last years tank tops looked through my accessories, and then filled in. It wasn't all that expensive- but I love it, it is my style that makes me comfy in my own skin, yet feel like I look nice. I am no longer sweats only momma.
Plus I feel like with the layering and the scarves and accessories and such, I am in my own way artistically putting together an outfit everyday- and I love it. (Yes there are still at home sweat pants days that we all must have, but know I feel different about myself somehow.

So my friends I suggest you look throughout your closet and if you are feeling blue about the lack of excitement head out to Ann Taylor Loft- they have everything 40% off and if something was already on sale you get 40% off the sale price- and they have accessories galore- scarves (my new obsession!) and lots of tanks and sunglasses all kinds of things to make you feel like a diva- in your own way and your own right! Go get your shopping done and your glow back!

Plus you could always head on over to My friends etsy shop Navvare Charm and look through her unique purses and also take a peek at Jeanne Oliver's stuff- both these ladies are very talented in their work!

Have a great day and here is to hoping you have a tad of sunshine wherever you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment