Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Monday, December 5, 2011

The Art of Card Making, simplified.

To those of you that have decided to tackle making your christmas cards this year, and now you are why didi I get myself into this. Take a deep breathe and I will take you on a smooth ride to card making perfection.

The first order in card making 101 is a small trip to the store:)
~you will need blank cards and envelopes. I buy cream no matter what the season because I always have some left.
~search your craft stores for papers that reflect your style, right now the craft stores are stuffed with great lines! they will have a line of papers and embellishments you will love using.
~ remember size matters, if you are going to simply make cards, you don't need every piece of paper in their collection, pick about 4 favorite and a solid to enhance your pattern's. You may want to invest in a few of the coordinating embellishments, but before you do, go to the rhinestone section, buy at least a package of sticky flat back rhinestones you adore. They are a cheap add on! So is a coordinating ribbon, or buttons!
~ I want you to get the most for your money, so I would suggest you get a all purpose adhesive.
~ One other way to save is watch your store adds for off season, clearance stamps, and papers embellishments. Just because it isn't thanksgiving doesn't mean your the paper is not pretty! It is just much less!


*I will show you mine and maybe you will get a few ideas! I hope you enjoy card making. Remember we are all our worst critic! The reason home made cards are wonderful is that you made them from your creative heart. That is a blissful beginning to Christmas!

Once you do cards expand to gift tags! They have all different sizes- it adds such a personality to a gift!

Enjoy the season. I may be back on here soon to teach you a few tricks on those gift tags!

No comments:

Post a Comment