Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back Home

No matter how fabulous your trip has been, home always waits for you, with your comfy bed and your sweet smelling sheets.  Your babies tucked into their own beds.  Although our trip was wonderful, there is nothing like getting back to were you started. This is why I think summerset life has it right. It is all about making your surroundings something you adore and cherish they call it living the somerset way. I love coming home to house that is comfortable for myself and more so for my family. Although enough about coming home, let's talk about where I was! On the way to Skamania lodge we took a bit of the scenic route, where I adored seeing farm houses with lines of fruit trees next to them. Then down the road not far  away from the first charming house, we ran into some men working on their land with their sweet dog, and again a charming farm house. We moved on from there to see a absolutely stunning waterfall. Not to mention the beauty once we got were we were going. I love being in nature with my kids. They had a outdoor area where there was an overhang and we got to paint bird houses. Then we went on a hunt with Owen and Aubrey through the "forest" to find all types of things so that he could get a badge when we got back. We adored were we went and would highly recommend it. Although my jeans didn't like me much when I got back from the decadent gluten free deserts- they now a few days later once again fit just right! So the indulgences were worth every bite! As was the site off the back of the lodge, it was breathtaking. Our first night there we sat and sipped wine and looked out into the sky as the night fell, chatting with my sweet cousin while her husband and mine played with my children, ahhh- paradise.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a delightful trip...glad you could get away and enjoy yourself! XO

    ReplyDelete