Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Little Girl's big style by:Mary Abreu

  Every time I go into this charming boutique here in town I get so inspired by the detail put into these little people clothes. Surely any little girl would feel fancy dressed in something from my friends shop. It just has that feel to it- you walk in and she uses antique drawers to store extras in, she has gorgeous fabric banners hanging from the walls. It is a happy place, you are greeted with a smile and she will taylor anything to your child's needs. Then there is the wall of hair flowers and bows and everything in between! It is little girl heaven.

  I came across this book that has similar styles to the style that is my friends trademark. I know I will never be the pro that my friend is, but I thought even if I could make a dress or two- a shirt with ruffles. How thrilled my little girl would be. I already make almost all her hair flowers, which saves me money, but if I could make a portion of her wardrobe too- how fun this could be.

   This book is filled with tips and pointers, they have a section for skirts, shirts and dresses. They really do give you advice that you can follow. This book is boosting 23 projects from size 2 through 6! So if you have a little one around size 2 or 3 you will get the bang for your buck!  I always go to the fabric sales and at Jo-Ann's I can't let a coupon go to waste! So my fabric drawers are full I need to get to it, before my little one grows out of this glorious book!

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment