Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Blissfully Spring

Eggs, tulips and colored eggs- spring is springy all around us.

I can not describe but a piece of what spring gives me.  It is like a free gift that I have been waiting for months and months. The air smells new, we get to open windows on especially nice days. The sunshine that comes through the windows replaces the light. The green that starts to emerge. I love, love spring!
One thing I always try to do is engage my kids in a activity each holiday. Or as each season changes. One thing that brings us together at any time of the year is baking! They love adding the ingredients, helping ice. I must confess I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my cupcakes, I have the fancy tips, all different liners. It's a passion of mine. So, even though I am being slightly childish I put half aside for me and the other half is for them. One thing to say in my defense is that they usually get a bit board with it so I finish most of them myself anyhow.


This was also a sad year, our easter bunny lost an ear and got all chipped up. My children said that they have to have a easter bunny! So I went to pier 1 knowing how whimsical the decor usually is. I was not disappointed I walked into easter wonderland.  It was so hard to choose! Although target had darling table liners etc.


Our other activity we do this time of year is easter egg decorating! The old classic! I remember my sister and I sitting at our kitchen table with our mom decorating egg after egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment