Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Friday, March 2, 2012

My blissful lamp shade

    Hello to you all. Those of you who read my post about giving  "the card class in a box"- I heard back from my friend, she was simply delighted! who appreciate all the "little things you do". She is a wonderful friend.  I hope her crafty-ness comes shining through!

  I wanted to Blog today on a lampshade I made with a basket liner, a few stitches, a glue gun and a few hydrangea petals.

  I purchased a desk lamp at hobby lobby,(love there 50% off sales!) But I just wasn't in love with the little sparkle studs it had on the lamp shade. Plus we put our little black aged desk over in a corner of our living room. So, it needed some light! After all this is the place I blog from- so it should portray me and be comfortable.

  Back to the lampshade- I found some canvas material that was a liner from a old basket. (this proves anything material, other than ugly clothes ;) You keep! You have an eye for what you might re-use.
So I pulled it out measured the length against my shade and the ideas flew. I cut the bottom of the liner out, cut 1 strip down the length of it.

  Then I added some ruffle at the top with large stitched by hand straight stitches. they were easily gathered. Then out came the hot glue gun! with a little work I hot glued the top then pressed the fabric to the length I wanted. I continued all the way around the lamp shade until it was stuck!

So what I did next was make waves in the fabric with my fingers and glued underneath, the perfect little pockets for my little flowers to rest.

I put together my little flowers and I was done!

Love short little crafts that add character to my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment