Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Monday, June 20, 2011

What is a friend?

I think a friend is something very dear to each of us, some of us are closer to those that are near. To others friends that have been in their heart for a lifetime that they carry around the thoughts of them close at heart even when they can't be together.  Then there is always the memory of a friend. The thoughts of someone that was once so dear to you.

Today I spoke with a friend that is far away, but close at heart. She & I spoke of why friends can be friends for what seems like a lifetime? (even if you loose contact for a few years) Our answer that this is exactly what a true friend is.

Throughout the last few months I have realized how many true friends I have, one's that live where I grew up, and one right next door.  But no matter who that dear friend may be- past, present or in your fondest of memories count yourself a lucky one. Those are the memories, the experiences and the talks that get me threw each and every day. To know that you have someone behind you is a truly amazing thing to have. I hope that you too have a few true friends at some point in your life when you really need them.  We all deserve it, we all need it.

Cherish it.  Let them know it- even if it is just in words, or a handmade card, maybe a surprise gift. Let them know you love them in a way that only true friends bound. Soul sisters.

I hope tomorrow to post about making and giving to friends things that will mean so much- with little expense, even if you think you don't have time.  Get a piece of paper and pen ready- we are going shopping. If you went shopping after my last post on making cards you may not need as much in your basket;) I hope you all have had a wonderful today, and wake up to a even better tomorrow (that is if today can be topped!) If not you are one lucky gal.  See you tomorrow my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jessica, your posts are always so inspiring. I love how you are always staying so positive and always thinking so much of others. You are just the sweetest person...and I know I am so very lucky to be able to call you my friend! XOXO

    P.S. Love the picts of the kiddos...they are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete