Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Monday, July 11, 2011

New Project

You may have seen the project I took on for the library box and the cards for the purpose of finally having a place to put things like stamps, cards, business cards appointments, etc. really anything that could fit on a index card you could have a new spot that was tidy and neat for it!

Although this project was a pricey one- not only in the expensive box but in the decorative papers, extra glue, embellishments- need I go farther. Plus the time it took to finish this project was really much longer than I thought. Although, that said I think my friend will love her gift.

I got to thinking though if someone wanted to do this project with a different look you could do it, rather cheaply if you used the old papers you had and just maybe did a color theme, and embellishments to match and buy the cards only online through stampinton and company- I really am not sure of another vendor who carries them. Then get a wood box a foam brush, wood glue and paint- unless you have a color that would suit the cards you've made, that would be about it. You could print from your computer labels if you didn't want to write on your cards like I did.

So these pictures are what I came up with- I didn't change the outside of the card's although I made a different box to show you that you could make it a bit cheaper.

* I got my box at a store we have here in Washington called the craft warehouse and it was 40% off 3.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment