Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Flowers, flowers everywhere, flowers, flowers in my hair!

I went to the craft fair we have yearly at our local park. It is absolutely huge!  May I tell you how many of the vendors have a type of flower they were selling. Some for nearly nothing, some for a lot!!!

So, the moral of my story today is make yours special. Make them with hi-quality fabrics, or fake flowers, use antique centers etc. For sure, be your own. Don't look at a flower at the craft store and say hmmm. I bet I could just glue that on a clip and sell it for 16 bucks at a craft show. Not really/ the other lady next you may sell her flower's for 15 dollars but because she has taken the time to sew the layers together, add no slippy- grippies, and taken much care in her presentation and detail! So therefore she earned her 16 dollars.

Also check on your size, smaller flowers aren't worth as much. My largest flower is 16, my small are about 7-8/ I also make linen and they go up in cost due to fabric prices.

So, if you think you are going to be the next big thing coming into the flower business, the market is a hard one, although as long as your good you will have money in your pockets, and flowers running through the craft fair advertising for you!

Good luck on the flower era- it is for sure a popular one!

No comments:

Post a Comment