Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Monday, July 25, 2011

A Girl's Best friend........

One of my favorite little girl's asked me to make her a notebook/journal. She herself is very artistic, so I dragged out my collections I thought she may like. Showed her my cricut options and her creative mind went flying! She picked several types of paper, told me a theme she would like to stick to etc.  then at the end she said"make however you think, I know I will like it!" Well I couldn't do that entirely I saw a vision in her, and I wanted to help her bring that out- unveil it on a project she could use to doodle to write in, to well do whatever her little creative mind thinks of!

So her we go- the what's and the how's.

I started off with a journal that was neutral in color and smaller in size.

We then picked her favorite pages from my collection, choose a theme.

I went from there, I used a glue stick made for wood- it stuck the paper down like a dream!

I then used coordinating ribbon to finish off the edges.

Then I used paper flower cut from my cricut, then used paper flowers white that I bought in bulk.
Added glitter with the Martha Stewart line. onto the flower. Then once dried used stickles to define the edges and added a rhinestone for the center.

After that I got out my chipboard letters added her first initial and added pearls and rhinestones all over the letter.

Then added all types of shapes and things I thought she would like. To inside,front and back- with the front being the most embellished.

Hope you enjoy! It is always nice making a gift for a young lady that you think is wonderful- it sure brightens their day!

I hope your day is nice and sunny and full of something that adds bliss to your life!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet idea. I am sure she just loved it! XO

    ReplyDelete