Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

As I sit quietly

As I sit quietly looking at the lavender I just cut fresh from my garden, snuggled in my down comforter, my daughter napping. I got a bit curious about a designer on etsy. she too has a blog spot- twigs and honey- She is what I hope some day to become, a designer of all things of beauty and ornate detail. I started my artsy days with making linen flowers. They were unique and beautiful in their imperfections. I made them in hair pins and in brooches. I loved it. I expanded at one point and made my neighbor a 3 flower head band, so when I saw this ladies work I was in amazed at the fabulous laces and the flowers. Simply perfect. So it got me wondering why I stopped making those linen flowers, I think I need to start again, I have been re- purposed. I was not crazy after all/ there are people out there that will wear a gorgeous hair accessory. Please do not mis-understand I would never try to duplicate her work exactly, but when I saw it I got a push back in that direction. How gorgeous could I make my hair flair and accessories? We will have to see what the days bring.

This is what I love about what I do. One day you are making a handmade card and the next you are thinking about your flowers you made a few months back.

I am telling you though- check out twigs and honey- this designer is devine. Not to mention the way she betrays her brand, but everyone has there own touch. That is what makes our creativity individual- I could never re-create her work and well maybe she could recreate mine. It does make me reach a bit farther for that star I once saw shining.

Chasing dreams is something I hope to never stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment