Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Friday, May 27, 2011

Last Post on craft events

A few simple things to remember-

~Be kind to your neighbor, she or he will be a great person to give your business card to, they may give you the heads up on the next show!
~Find out how much advertising they will be doing before you commit! The show I have just signed on for is doing advertising for the newspaper, radio, all kinds of publications, provides the table and table cloth for the wonderful price of $35!  So just make sure you don't spend all the time getting everything ready for a show that is not going to have anyone their! I have been to those too- I've learned my lesson!
~Check your local craigslist for craft fairs looking for vendors.
~Take change! I no this seems like a no brainer, but it is a biggie- decide if you want to take checks- remember they may bounce and this person still has their lovely hat that you made! I always prefer cash, on items of 20 or less I will accept a check anything larger I need cash in hand- you may want to make a attractive sign that says this so you don't have to- set it right beside you that way you know they have seen it.
~ Last but not least do not look bored! Do not take a magazine or more projects to work on! What you do want to take is a bag of snacks, a few drinks, and possibly a change of shoes- if you wear heels, you will be standing at your table a lot, you may want flats to throw on after, while your getting everything back to your car!

One book I loved an really think you would like to read is
Crafty Superstar
by:Grace Dobush

I got this on Amazon- I don't think you'll have trouble finding it- you may have trouble searching through all the other craft books- I am obsessed with craft and design books!

So- I hope these few posts were helpful! Any questions feel free to contact me in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment