Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A book I adore right now

This book is for anyone who loves vintage European linens. Who enjoys simple to a bit skilled sewing.  I made the pillows for my couch from the inspiration from this book- she has lot's of pillow pattern's.(minus the pillow case pillow which you can find through my dear friend Anna at Navarre Charm on etsy, also her blog is adorable) Just love her! I made a makeup case out of her book and she teaches you how to tea dye your fabrics like a pro.  She virtually has something to make your home a bit more European, each and every room.

This book has been a pure delight to read. I got mine on Amazon and it comes with loads of patterns too. DO not be overwhelmed by the levels she sets for projects, just dig in and give it your best shot!  My biggest block in the road has been finding those vintage linens I adore and hop to have a linen closet full of!  Happy crafting my dear friends!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new blog Jessica!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna- I also love your new little birdie topper on your blog:) THis blog just feels so much more me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for your visit..My font is called Homemade Apple...you go under design ,then template designer,then advance,you will see the font..Homemade Apple ..

    The duvet i have is from target, simply shabby chic oatmeal, it is linen and rayon i believe, so it was easy to bleach, i would check the fabric first. If you go ahead and decided to bleach it...first put in rinse make sure it gets completely wet, take out then fill the washer with water, then add bleach a lot...one of the largest containers the just soak it , let it mix up a little, then soak it for hours, keep checking... you can always do it again if not completely white. I did my shams first, and i left them in over night, i forgot about them really ...oops. but they were perfect. hope this helps... Thank you again..have a Great night

    ReplyDelete