Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Monday, October 10, 2011

Still quilting

I am still enjoying my time on my sturdy sewing machine. It makes me especially happy now to know when I picked a machine with the quilting ability that I chose well.  At the time I ordered it I was afraid I may not enjoy the beauty of quilt making, so the bit extra I paid would be wasted. Now, I couldn't be happier with my Janome sewing machine.

I was very scared to get to the point I am at now, the actual quilting part:) To put the back material the batting and front together and actually sew them together with a design! I quickly got over it after going back through my wonderful book and seeing line quilting. I was no longer overwhelmed- a bit nervous because I didn't want to do a bad job on the last part! So, this morning I pulled my sleeves up- it was time to tackle this quilting business. So, here I am, my quilting is partially finished. (A girl needs a break once in a while, to blog of course) But- what I wanted to tell you was don't be scared, the line quilting is pretty easy, I just rolled up the side of the quilt I wasn't working on, moved my machine to the far right of the table (I am working on the right side of the quilt) so that I could put the extra fabric both on my lap as I work and resting on the table. It has made it work out pretty well. Although, I have little mistakes, I guess what I was afraid of happened a bit here or there, but what I realized the joy of making this quilt is far more important then perfection and my daughter loves it! She will not know there are a few mishaps here or there. Oh, and people that may stop by, that I just might give the "home tour to" I highly doubt they will be investigating my quilt. So, I guess what I wanted to tell you was don't be anxious, take it easy on yourself, especially for your first one, and just enjoy creating. It really has been a perfectly blissful experience for me!

TIP: to any of you planning on making a quilt, find out the amount of batting you need and head to Jo-Ann's they have the soft and natural brand on sale! Which is what I was recommended in my simplify book. It has been a dream to work with and- it's on sale so well that for a twin size quilt I only paid 13.75! That is a lot of batting. So check before you go make sure it wasn't the last day for the sale when I went. Hopefully you can manage to take advantage of this price!

Have fun quilting, and most importantly be blissful and enjoy the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment