Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hair Flowers

If any of you have been waiting on this post I am sorry for the delay! I expect you have your supplies ready to make your little ones precious flower. First of all these are suggestions, not the only way of making them. Use your creativity, add glitter, don't. Use tulle, don't or maybe use a tad extra!

First you need to take the flower apart. Rip the middle piece out, I sometimes have to cut it out. Once this is done you can lay your layers on the your workspace. Grab your tulle, cut out of it a few circles (as many as you may want to use, you could cut different sizes for different layers or simply A few larger pieces for the bottom, your choice. Once this is done, use a lighter to burn the edges of tulle, to prevent fraying. Now either by sewing or a glue gun (I suggest low heat!!!) Add layer by layer your flower. Then once layered add your center- usually I glue this section.  Then turn it over take the claw clip you bought, now you can either line it with a matching ribbon or glue it on without a ribbon, just make sure you glue the back side of the claw clip on, so the top of the clip is facing you if it is turned over.

Let it dry. Give it a check, make sure that you have secured all sections enough, and there you go your little ballerina has a brand new flower for her bun! I hope you enjoy making it for her!  I also hope this was informative and helped. Not everyones will look the same, remember at every craft show I have graced there has always been another booth with flowers- they are always different in their own way.

Enjoy! I hope your little ballerina does too!

No comments:

Post a Comment