Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Monday, September 19, 2011

Here is what I have been up to!

I haven't connected with all of you in some time know. Promise I have been crazy busy, from making flowers for my daughters ballet, to helping my son with his homework, and some how between the lines I have found time to talk about my lucky day. I went to a local craft store, I noticed a row of gorgeous center pieces (which I usually like to do myself, but they enchanted me.

As I walked over I noticed the center piece I had been eyeing was 50.00, which for the amount of flowers was not a bad deal at all. Then I came across a center piece that had a broken vase, this tempted me to ask customer service if they would give me a discount. They ended up telling me 15.99- I told them I couldn't pay that for a broken vase. The lady said I will give it to you for 5.99! Sold! The thing was they were just going to throw this away. So, it is true that someone's trash is another persons treasure.

I went home hit the vase off with a hammer and simply replaced the flowers into a vase that was much more me anyway. Now I have a 50.00 dollar centerpiece that I got for 5.99! I knew I had odds and ends of vases in my garage, so it was just the matter of having the vision, and taking home my fantastic deal! Now that was a crafter's dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment