Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Here comes peter cotton tail:)

Friday, February 3, 2012

Hello everyone! I don't know about you, but I my dear readers are simply ready for the flowers to start to pop! Just like the excitement you get as you see your first tulip for the year! the cool spring afternoons wind against my face, crisp, clean air.  It smells different somehow.
I thought today I should go around my house locating several "goodies" that I adore.  The thing is my stunning antique hutch that my husband thinks is a piece of trash, I will have to work on him with that one! He just doesn't see it like I do. It was in my house growing up always as a little girl until my mom decided to give it to me. I've thought about painting it a soft dove grey with a hue of blue undertones.  I see this and several of my other antiques and try to imagine what they must have been used for so long ago.  Regardless, I love the character. Just like my first antique rocker that the arm rails are coming apart from the rest of the chairs structure.
I feel like a modern farmhouse Martha, who is finding that this year I am finally coming into my own. this women that longs to pull the antiques out clean the up and hopefully make my house the way I have always dreamed.... on a budget! 


Also can't wait to get into my flower garden in the spring as well. Life is good.


Hopefully I will slowly be sharing with you the things that make my house home.

No comments:

Post a Comment